vendredi 27 avril 2007

Jet Lag

So I just woke up from a three hour nap! It is 5:55 in the evening; I was out at 2:50. Did I mention that I woke up at 5:30 am? Does anyone have any advice on how to stop this insanity, this viciuos circle of sorts? Yesterday I hoofed it to Sciences Po where I was outfitted with my library card and credentials for my stay in France. Woot-woot! In the metro on the way over, I was stuck in a middle of a throng of loud, madly gesticulating Italians. Yes, that stereotype was not disconfirmed yesterday. Why is it when Italians yell it's considered charming, yet when Americans bellow it's annoying? The nice thing about being in Paris in April as opposed to June and July is that they were the only tourists I really saw. I'm sure there were others, but please don't tell me. And no, I don't count! No, I'm studying. I'm researching. I'm sleeping through the afternoon. I even missed tango class last night because I was out... Anyway... The library was pretty nice, although it had a fairly limited selection. I checked out 5 books (the maximum) that I would never have read (or found) in AA. As I was flipping through one last night, I couldn't help but think wow, I'm lucky. I'm getting paid to do what I love most, read, and be in the city that I adore, Paris.

1 commentaire:

Paulina a dit…

once again, so jealous! i am definitely living through you right now. i'm so glad we ran into you in paris last year. and you're getting paid to go to paris? you are seriously my idol/life inspiration.