jeudi 19 juin 2008

Don't Call It A Comeback

I'm back. 
Here is my explanation for my blogging hiatus: I have a dull, yet happy, life. Really, what could I write? "Today I went to the office, worked until 11:30, then I ate lunch because I am very midwestern in that way, and then I went home at 6:30. Dan made dinner. I drank too much. We watched Olbermann. I played sudoku. I woke up the next morning and did the EXACT SAME THING!."
So you must forgive me for not updating. The funny thing is that I like my routine. 
Alas, my life has changed slightly due to a stubbornly broken garage door. My car is stuck in the garage and I am stranded in the 'burbs. Hence this blog post from Borders (located next door--how convenient!).
I've also began working out with a personal trainer. I know. I'm slightly embarrassed about this. The problem is that I cannot lose weight and I needed someone to kick my ass. So there. I did it. I feel very selfish. And sore. 
Speaking of selfish, David leaves today for Toronto and then he deserts us for Australia. He'll be back in August. 
Final note of interest: my advisor informed me that my quantitative section of my dissertation must be finished before I leave for France. Crap, crap, crap. Managing my undergrad data coders and filling in Excel sheets are the activities that keep me occupied until 6:30. 
So leave a comment. Let me know you care. 

3 commentaires:

Allyson a dit…

Jen, if I pack my passport and a granola bar can I be stashed away in your luggage?

Bisous a dit…

Allyson, I would love for you to come with me! Hell, I'd take you as carry-on. If only you were interested in this topic... we could have Rackham underwrite the whole thing.

dahlia a dit…

Sounds a lot like my days, although lately it's been minus the working part. We should get together this week.