dimanche 13 mai 2007

MacDo

Oooh la la la la! Violent wind and torrential rain just hit the Parisian street, which was met by a chorus with, wait for it, wait for it, "ooh la la la la's!"' I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing. Soooo funny! Anyway, today has been an interesting day to say the least. I am in MacDo's in order to take advantage of the free internet. First, I had a deaf girl con me into giving five Euros to a charity for deaf street urchins. Next, an older French man kept on asking me questions about my computer. He just sat right down next to me and started quizzing me about how much memory Xenu (my computer) has, as well as how much I payed for this baby (a lot!). He looks like Gerard Depardieu, I'm not kidding. Finally, I had a nice conversation with a French girl about how gross these bathrooms are. I have never thought of the French as an especially chatty bunch, but I've spoken more French people here than I have anywhere else. The guy next to me just commented to me that "it rains." I swear, it has to be something in the fries. I sent out "Somos"! Five years in the making, baby, and it just might happen. I doubt it, but I 'm glad to finally get that paper out. This means that Dan and I can buy a kitty. We are going to name it Zisou. Last night I had dinner with Thomas, Maria, and Tirone. We went to the Latin Quarter and feasted on paella. It's amazing how much better I am at Spanish than French. Anyway, it was a LOVELY evening. The conversation was excellent and the dessert, creme de Cataluna, was exceptional. Je pars. A bientot!

Aucun commentaire: