mardi 3 juillet 2007

MacDo

As someone who does not have wireless in my dorm, I find myself going to McDonald's frequently to take advantage of their free and unlimited wireless. I go to the crowded register, buy a medium coke zero (zeROH), and try to find a place to sit. You see, the McDonald's here are not only very nice and chic, but are also incredibly crowded. And in my normal haunt, by the Dernfert Roucherereau metro stop, there is nary another American in sight. This article describes exactly what I see every day. This may surprise some of you. In fact, crazily enough, I ran into Jenna and Scott on Satuday (they are two professors for whom I've done RA work consistently). This was Scott's first time in Paris, and when I suggested they go to McDonald's to use wifi, he remarked, "Well, that's one way to get the French in a McDonald's." I didn't want to say anything, but most of the McDonald's I pass are packed, and not all of them have wifi. This article confirms, however, what I have inferred: McDonald's are popular with the French (and other Europeans for that matter).

Aucun commentaire: