mercredi 18 juillet 2007

My Eyes are Sporting Some Major Bags

God, I'm exhausted. I'm struggling to translate these trial transcripts while the prelim and my Jean Monnet paper hangs over my head like those (momentarily) suspended anvils in Warner Bros. cartoons. It feels strange to be thinking about a different dissertation topic. If I'm gong to do this political science thing I have to be honest with myself about what I could and could not do. Could I really handle all that field work? I also hate how my puzzle is infuriatingly messy before I even begin complicating it myself. There are just too many things that I cannot control. Polisci is not for control freaks...or maybe it is? Beyond that, I've been sticking to my cleansing diet. I gained three pounds in that one week in Bowling Green. Good God! I guess eating directly from the pint of frozen custard was not exactly a wise plan? I suppose two laps in my standard suburban pool does not count as exercise? A marathon it is not. My office has no windows to the outside world. I noticed that before, but it never bothered me. It now does.

Aucun commentaire: