jeudi 12 juillet 2007

Tout Doucement

I haven't written in a while because there isn't anything to report. I've been relaxing. I did finish reading Marie Antoinette: The Journey. I was in Barnes & Nobles, but the air conditioner was on so high that it felt like a meat locker. And no, I'm not exaggerating. So I headed to Bowling Green's town square, sat on a bench, and finished the final chapters. I knew how it was going to end. SPOILER ALERT! They cut off her head. I cried. Yes, I shed tears. You know how long it has been since a book made me cry? No, of course not. Well, it was a long time. We're talking at least a half a decade. Although I essentially took a class on the French Revolution, I found the book radically altered my opinion of the entire mess. I remember my French teacher in Paris last year (ironically, her name was Dauphine) saying how Marie Antoinette wasn't well-loved in France. This biography was very sympathetic to her and I wonder if people's opinions would change if they read this book. Dan is flying into Nashville tomorrow! I'm so excited! We are going to make my parents dinner and then on Saturday, my dad will be making his famous, and utterly delicious, paella. The culinary delight which has been my trip to Bowling Green continues. And on that note, I am going to bed...on a full stomach.

Aucun commentaire: