mercredi 29 août 2007

Victory!

Yesterday I passed my American prelim and I am thisclose to being a candidate! I only need to have a few key players sign my plan of course work sheet and then I can join the legions of others sweating over their dissertations. I can't hardly wait. In light of yesterday's events, I am having difficulty concentrating on my work. Over the past few days Dan has been treating me like a princess and to thank him, I promised to make him a scrumptious meal (Dan normally is in charge of meals, while I am the humble yet very helpful sous chef. Actually, I usually imbibe a glass of wine while half-heartedly chopping vegetables. Now that I think about it, I really shouldn't mix knives and alcohol.). So after my workout, I headed to the farmer's market in Kerrytown to buy a few choice ingredients. It was a perfect day to be there: the weather was absolutely lovely, the market was teeming with people, and the produce was so colorful that I wanted to buy everything in sight. What's on tonight's menu, you ask? I am planning on making grilled striped bass with summer vegetables and couscous vinaigrette. David will be coming over to help me prepare the meal, and he and I will be watching Top Chef after we treat Dan to our wonderful meal. It sounds so nice and relaxing. I can't wait! Needless to say, I haven't been able to work. Is this okay? I know I have to finish this Jean Monnet paper. Lucky for me, the deadline has been extended, and I will have more time to make this piece something I wouldn't be embarassed circulating. So now I am going to get back to work, really, and then I will finally get to put all of my wonderful purchases to use. Life is very nice.

6 commentaires:

dahlia a dit…

Congrats, Jen!

dahlia a dit…

Oh, and thanks for the comment on your blog. If we were cast in a Hollywood tribute, I could play Katherine to your Audrey.

dahlia a dit…

And by "your blog", I mean "my blog." Because it would be silly for me to thank you for commenting on your own blog.

Bisous a dit…

But of course I would comment (and now I'm commenting on my own blog)! I love your blog! By the way, you made my day with the Hollywood tribute. I hope all is well in OH!

Kaybeeski a dit…

Congrats!! ...and can I say that I sure do miss the Kerrytown market. Your dinner menu sounds fabulous. Strange that you are a sous chef to Dan because I happen to have a Dan of my own who is quite the sous chef to me... =)

Bisous a dit…

Very exciting Kay! Who is this mystery man?