mercredi 7 novembre 2007

Bitter Sweet

Goodness, I have the sweetest boyfriend (and cats...a shout out to Bisous Cat and Isabel!). Came home yesterday, expecting to see the messy family room I had left this morning. Opened the door and to my surprise, no lights were on, but a single candle on the kitchen table and a small Christmas tree in the corner of our family room. The entire place was picked up. Dan came out of the extra room, smiling. He had purchased the tree that afternoon especially for me. All together now: awwww. I am still smitten after a year. Sad news: there has been massive flooding in the Mexican state of Tabasco, and especially its capital, Villahermosa. My favorite aunt and my cousins are all in that same exact city. I've spent two full summers in Villahermosa as a child and I'm quite fond of the place. My aunt and my cousin, Coco, are separated due to the floods. Please keep them, and all of the inhabitants of Villahermosa, in your thoughts (if you are secular) and prayers (if you are not).

2 commentaires:

Kim a dit…

too adorable! I would LOVE to see you again, Jen, and to meet Dan! we'll just have to see about that come spring.

Bisous a dit…

Oh Kim! Don't be a tease! If you are here in the spring, I will definitely make a trip to see you.