lundi 19 novembre 2007

If That's All There Is

So I'm really frustrated right now. My French is terrible and I have no idea how I can improve it. I basically burned any bridges with the French department here by dropping out of FR235. I am regretting not sticking with the class, although it met three times a week and in the morning. Anyway, I don't know how to remedy this. Should I go back to Eurocentres? I am hardly attending to my prospectus, which makes me wary to promise to review my French on my own. Any advice would be very much appreciated! So here is some good news: the cell and biology people were able to retrieve all of my information off my hard drive and for a relatively low price. Since my computer is still on warranty, I am going to get a new hard drive and all will be well in the world. By the way, I have a massive inferiority complex when I go into a biomedical research building (this was my first time, by the way, but I believe this to be generalizable). Here are real doctors doing very important research. I feel this reality check is a good thing.

1 commentaire:

neill a dit…

For what it's worth, there's plenty of pointless and masturbatory biotech research going on too. I worked as an RA in a cell bio. lab one summer, and the project was to determine the correct phylogenetic tree for a family of grasses. Of course, the NSF was told that this was vital to increasing crop yields or something, but it had zero first-order practical value other than that the professor in charge of the lab was interested in the problem.