dimanche 11 novembre 2007

But Where Were the Paps?

I felt like old school Lindsay Lohan, minus the coke and the arrests. Oh, and the purported flings with Jude Law. But other than that, I felt just like her. David's birthday was Friday. It started off innocently enough. We went to Shalimar, ate some delicious Indian food and delectable cake from Zingerman's. Immediately afterward, we headed to Bar Louie, the type of place I imagine would have a strictly enforced popped-collar policy. After wrangling a table, we were met with a steady stream of people. Everyone was there: professors, old cohort members, random cohort members. Then the craziness began. It suddenly became a competition to see who could drink more. Round of shot followed round of shot. We were singing at the tops of our lungs, wishing the place had karaoke. Or maybe it was just me. If so, boy is my face red. Anyway, we all stumbled out of there when the bar owners flipped on the lights. Perhaps this seems normal. If you are undergrad, then I wouldn't dare argue with you. But for us to act like this was completely out-of-control. When I woke up the next morning, I thought how the hell do Hollywood starlets do this? I'm exhausted. And then I understood why some people cannot possibly fulfill their professional duties due to exhaustion. Heaven knows I couldn't.

Aucun commentaire: