mercredi 28 novembre 2007

What Gives? What Helps?

When I don't post for a while I feel like I have to do one of those catch-up blogs. No way. I will mention that Thanksgiving was lovely, although Grandma did condemn us all to hell again in her Thanksgiving prayer ("...but we don't deserve your love Lord, we deserve to go to Hell"....that Grandma: not one to mince words). I worked at home the first two days back and I'm so excited to be with the magical delights that are Bisous Cat and Isabel. I think they are happy that Dan and I are back too. Working alone all day makes one a little crazy. My god, I felt so lonely. I am so paranoid too. Perhaps rightly so, but my friends are too nice to confirm my suspicions. Maybe one of the downsides to having a boyfriend is being lonely. I mean, I don't really hang out with anyone besides Dan and David and two really great friends. Well, I do have my girls. And my running. I had a presentation today at the International Center for the Center for European Studies. I was very happy with it. The next presentation, by an undergraduate, was completely wretched and shocking. When the student described watching oral sex in a bar, my jaw dropped. Ken saw this and gave me a wink. And people fund this? I'm so judgemental. But at least I had a cute outfit, which everyone knows absolves one's sins completely. I'm so utterly Catholic, no matter how may times I go to my mega-Church. Seriously. Put me in a habit. I'm drinking wine right now, which is very Catholic (big C). And now back to work.

Aucun commentaire: