samedi 1 décembre 2007

It's A Wonderful World

I am back at Sweetwater's in downtown Ann Arbor and it feels fantastic! I am transported to the end of fall semester first year. On a crazy whim, I decided to leave the main campus area and work in this little place I always saw but never entered. I quickly made it my own, working here every day. This place was a welcome reprieve from college life. Professionals come here. Graduate students of all stripes come here. The interior is tasteful. It doesn't smell. Now that I live in the burbs I never make it here. Yet today, after a morning of working out and Christmas shopping, I desired to continue feeling like a grown-up. And so I'm here. Isabel and Dan are on great terms. She is always sitting on his lap and she looks so content. I am so happy to see that they are friends. Last night was great. A group of us went to Cafe Habana for happy hour. I love this new place. The place replicates a swank club in Havana circa 1930. We ended up staying there and having a lovely time. Overall, I'm just happy. That is why I decided to post. Now this post feels pointless. All apologies. Now back to work!

2 commentaires:

Andrea a dit…

Yes! I'm glad you went back there! I can never think about Wweetwaters without thinking also of you. We should go there together. I finally looked at my prospectus today for the first time in I think an entire month. Depressing. But let's get on this shit! No, seriously!

Oh, and brava brava to you for the 12 miles!

Andrea a dit…

uh, wheetwaters? christ. fire me.