samedi 6 octobre 2007

Ketchup

It is bloody hot for October. Fall is my favorite season and I rather feel like I'm getting gypped. Anyway, here are some updates after my long absence. 1) Dan and I went to Albany, New York, for a wedding. Jessica and Shanna also went, and we saw Heather (who I met in Boston). I also met the famous Monica and generally all of Dan's oft-mentioned friends from the Ford School. It was rather a difficult situation for me just because I felt like I was clinging to Dan and Jess. When you don't know many people, it is terrifying to be left on your own. The wedding itself was beautiful. It was held on the bride's family estate overlooking the Hudson. That is me and Dan before the ceremony. I did have a really good time on the dance floor and I really liked Dan's friends. It was great to see him in his element; he is such a funny guy! 2) Bisous Cat and I are best friends. Somehow, we've just bonded. When I take naps, she sleeps by me. When I do my pilates, she interrupts me by rubbing her adorable little head against my not-so-adorable one. Unfortunately, Isabel is still in her little room and now she has to wear an e-collar (one of those things that look like a lamp shade). Oh the indignity! Here is a picture of my girls; the first one is from Isabel's more halcyon days. 3) On the work front, Ken really liked my Jean Monnet paper. This surprised me. He thinks it is publishable. I'm not so sure. I am back to my original dissertation project, which has become more interesting of late, thanks to Paper Stones. Other good news on the work front is that I am 100% committed to political science ::golf claps::. 4) Health wise, I have been sleeping A LOT. Like an unhealthy amount. I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night and then take an hour nap in the afternoon. The rest of the day I feel lethargic and sleepy. Either I am turning into a cat or something is wrong. It is kind of freaking me out. So that is my latest update. Now back to work for me and a good day to you!

Aucun commentaire: