vendredi 26 octobre 2007

Time and Truth Tell All

I'm in Bloomington and it feels strange. Dan and Derek are presenting their paper at the law school and I decided to tag along. By the way, they are impressed by the campus. I took them to the Irish Lion last night and Derek declared it Staffordshire, he loved it so much. I'm thrilled that they are so enamored with the school and town! So one of the reasons for coming was to get as much work done as possible. I thought that here in Bloomington I wouldn't be bombarded with the constant distractions like I am in Ann Arbor. I'll get to that later. Another reason for coming was to grab a pumpkin bagel. Why? Because they are AWESOME and they don't sell them in Ann Arbor. After my run (I'm still on track with my marathon training--yay!), I beelined it to Bloomington Bagel and now I know why I was compelled to write a poem about a bagel my sophomore year in college. They just taste really, really great here. They do. Much better than in Ann Arbor. Grabbing that little slice of heaven was the closest I got to being productive all day. I did get a little bit of reading done, but the rest of the day I was running around meeting people...which is exactly what I DIDN'T want to do. I'm also feeling strange. First, I have so many mixed feelings about this place. I've experienced some pretty wonderful things here, and some pretty crappy things too. I think about how excited I was my freshman year finally to leave Newburgh. And then I think about my obsession with being perfect and getting out of Indiana, and all the pain it brought, internally and externally. I've decided that I'm a different person now and enough time has passed that I can just accept this place; it is not responsible for what I endured. On a completely different note, does anyone have a place they would recommend for a nice dinner tomorrow night? Anyway, I'm going to get back to my reading. Seriously, if anyone has any suggestions, leave them in the little comments section. That's what it's for!

1 commentaire:

Kim a dit…

it's really a pity I didn't see this til now...there are multiple places in Bloomington that I would have recommended for a nice dinner! also, it's true (and funny) isn't it, how what we experience in a place affects how we feel about it. I totally feel that way about the place I did my Masters program. And B-ton, some. Just that one's more neg (the MA place) and the other more positive.